Manually draw intersecting or cross gables

JParch

I am running HomeDesigner Pro 2017 and am having trouble creating cross gables manually. All of my roof planes are drawn manually and the lower gable roof (on the right in the images attached) intersects the garage gable roof. I am able to "fake" the look by dragging the roof edge of the lower gable over to where it intersects the garage, but in section it does not get "cut-off" on the inside. And the right side wall of the garage (where door to office is) does not seem to exist, though I drew it on the 2nd floor, so obviously I am not doing something correctly.  I have searched the Knowledge base and forum but don't see anything about doing this manually.

I would like the intersection of the lower roof to look on the inside essentially the way a floating dormer would. (Although if I need to add knee walls to do this I would). Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you

Intersecting Gables.png

Section at garage.png

For questions like this, please post the plan.

Or get better at showing what's wrong :)

When you use manual roof planes, you are responsible for their shape. This is what they should look like. If they don't, reshape them, then use the Join tool to join them. The ridge and valley both need to be joined. 

ht1.thumb.jpg.a248cf82933b54e8125b2e4c35e7f269.jpg

You may also need to draw in your own ceiling planes to make the interior correct. They draw just like a roof plane and may be used for a variety of things.

Snap9.thumb.jpg.7f1a20b340a1296f1eef8064b5811deb.jpg

It's generally best to start with auto roofs, then make manual changes as required. It's what almost everyone using Chief does. 

I think my problem was/is I wasn't joining the roof edges correctly, so it seems to be correctly joined at the valleys now. However, the smaller intersecting gable is not "cutting through" the garage/office roof, it is just sitting on top of it. So the wall with the door into the office is not full height, it is cut off by the garage/office roof plane. I have tried adjusting settings for this wall ("full gable wall") instead of knee wall, tried adding a flat ceiling plane, etc., like I would with a dormer but I am doing something wrong. The images attached show what is wrong. I am also attaching the plan file.

Section at garage2.png

Cross_gables_at_garage.plan