Sawtooth exterior wall material protruding through roof on curved wall

crmorse

Hi, I've been fighting with a curved wall turret for ages now. Following suggestions from other posts I've isolated the problem region to a separate single room file and reproduced the issue.  I still don't know how fix the issue, or even what is going on.  But the exterior material on a curved exterior wall gets a sawtooth pattern at the top that sometimes protrudes through the roof.  Since I need to generate a video walkthrough, this is a cosmetic problem that I have to find a workaround.  See "Sharktooth1" attached

I've tried changing the materials, changing the wall radius, rebuilding the wall, and everything related to the wall, material, and roof settings that I can find. Nothing seems to help.  On my real plan it was much much worse but I was able to select some kind of phantom attic wall in 3D view and delete that which got rid of of the visible protrusions except for one.

Any suggestions or help would be most welcome! Thanks.

P.S. In my real plan file I even have some weird wall height issues going on that seem related, but maybe not, I need to fix those too but I can start a separate thread or try again .  (#2 & 3)  

P.P.S. There's also some missing exterior material on 1 facet of the turret and the facing side of the belvedere too but those are separate problems.

Sharktooth3.jpg

Sharktooth2.jpg

Sharktooth1.jpg

Sharktooth Demo.plan

I put this in my profile too but it doesn't appear to be showing up.... I"m using Home Designer Pro 2017 on Mac.

I took a look, redrew walls and various other things. made it better, but not fixed.

The program does not work really well with curved walls.

I'll suggest getting the remainder of the plan correct, then work on the tower.

ht1.thumb.jpg.2aac305040b17cd0dfdf888ea558fb4b.jpg

Solver: Ha ha. LOL! Now you're living my pain... I tried to talk the wife into an octagonal tower (for my ease) but no dice!

DJP: 1000x thanks for taking the time to make that video. Said and showed so much more than a written post could.  Wish you could have heard me yelling at the TV as I watched.... "But it DOES show through.. that's the only reason I care!!!" ...."oh, ok, he saw it now. Phew." and finally, that delete surface tool could be just the ticket to get me over the final hump if your other suggestions don't work.  That's exactly what I needed.

Let me bang at this for a while with my new knowledge and see how far I get.  I may upload the full plan if I can't get that pesky streak of missing surface to go away.

• 3 years later...