Floor numbers off by one, can't reset

rvbinder

My floor numbers are off by one. I'm not sure how, but I lost the basement (floor 0) and I can't recreate it. HDP is now showing no floor 0, with the foundation on floor 1. There are three floors in total. How can I reset the whole stack?

You are going to need to share a LOT more information that the above to solve this conundrum. Post a copy of your .plan file along with what the ceiling heights per floor are to be and then, and only then can anyone actually help you. Too much missing data for that now.

DJP

Posting your plan file will help our suggestions. Many variables are at play here and far easier and faster to be able to see what you see, rather than going back and forth with guesses.

That said, I would read up on Edit Area.

What I might try is to make a Save As copy of my problem plan to use as a control for creating a new plan. You take a blank plan file, set its Default Settings the same as your control plan for the first floor ("Edit - Default Settings - Floor" for the first floor in your blank plan. Then copy-paste your control first floor using the tool "Edit Area Visible" to do the floor copying. The the same is done for the second floor and or Attic, then you can recreate your "Floor Zero" or basement from scratch if no floor zero currently exists. If you make any procedural errors you undo (CTRL-Z) and try again until you are successful. Once successful you can then just complete your design in the new copy.

DJP

I've uploaded the plan file. 

I am designing a renovation of a 3 story Brick Colonial Revival, built around 1920. I want to create an accurate as-built, then use a copy of that to develop the renovation plan. The file has my work so far - basement, 1st and second floors, detached garage. The third floor is a finished attic underneath a gable roof. The lot slopes up from the street, rising about 15 feet to the Northeast corner. The opposite side has a retaining wall, sidewalk, then street, which curves around most of the southwest side of the lot.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

962-Plan-1.plan