Shed roof addition to existing gable roof

SeanAndGillian

Hi!

im new to HD pro 2018 for windows

on the house we are currently working on there was an existing room (the master bedroom) with a full gable  roof and cathedral ceiling. They then added a shed roof addition on the side (the master bath and closet) meaning the slope of the new roof just continues downward from the existing roof. 

No matter what I try I'm never able to create that first room with the gable directly in the center of the room and walls at both sides to be the same height- I drag the wall height down (the wall towards the addition) but it just looks into the other room....

how i.e. can I get the program to realize the master bedroom is one room with the gabled roof resting on each wall and the master bath and closet are a shed roof addition?!!?

any help would be great!! Thanks!

IMG_9407.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

Thanks for this! So I had done this but the master bedroom still has slightly lopsided wall heights (pictured)it looks like the same may be true with your example (??) The wall connected to the addition is slightly higher (which is not the case in real life)

When I click on the wall in 3D it registers at the right height and has some weird other wall filling the space between the actual correctly measured wall and the roof. (Pictured)

There is a beam hidden by a soffit in the ceiling on the shared wall that runs the length of the master bath and closet

would putting that in correct the wall gap issue? 

I tried running a ceing beam there but it did nothing to change the appearance...

IMG_9412.JPG

IMG_9413.JPG

Make sure the ceiling heights, pitch etc are correct. Also thickness of the roof framing -- lots of variables that might change the look.

The simple way would be to turn off Roof Over This Room for the shed roofed part. Build the roof, which should build centered over the bedroom, then draw in a manual roof plane over the bath and closet.