How to get a separate shed roof over box window

Cary_M

I've done a couple plans for my husband's construction company with my Home Designer Pro 9.0 over the years, but not many.  I still consider myself a newbie.  Since I've never found a house plan I love, I'm making my own, but I'm having trouble with some of the Craftsman details.  Specifically, I would like to figure out how to draw the type of roof over a window as seen in the attachment, but can't figure it out with either the box window or doing the window manually.  It seems to be so easy, but not sure how to put the shed roof on correctly.  I've watched multiple videos, but they don't help with my specific questions.  If it helps, I have Windows 7.  Thank you!

window.PNG

If you are using the "Box Window" tool it has a dialog box with three different roof settings for the auto roof builder. If those are insufficient then do as Eric suggests by taking the rectangular roof and edit it into a shed roof plane. Roof planes have a dialog box as well for simple editing of those objects. If you have not yet done so, your software comes with a free "Users Guide and Reference Manual" found under the "Help" menu of the main toolbar. You should study these two documents and use the built in Help Files (select the kind of object you wish to learn about and then Press the "F1" key). Not something to be done in an afternoon but you can work on this kind of study followed by practice of what you learned in short, daily self-training sessions over time. If you will do this you will quickly master the software and its tools and settings. If you do not you will never become certain of how to get things done with this. It is your choice to make.

DJP