Color calibration?

rfcomm2k

Does a PC require some kind of color calibration prior to rendering with HD pro 2014? I know that some graphics software requires you to carefully match a manufacturer provided palette to what is seen on the screen by carefully adjusting the RGB parameters so that the on screen rendering is as close to the actual color as possible (graphic artists do this to match Pantone ink samples to what is seen on the screen).

For example, I chose polished brass hardware for doors and a polished brass kitchen faucet. After final render with shadows, the door hardware still looks black, and the faucet is a chocolate brown color. Neither of these look like the same color as seen in the color palette when picking the material (which appears much more yellow).

• Downvote 1

There are several variables relative to "color correction":

1. The color, brightness, Hue and contrast can be adjusted within your monitor

2. You can adjust the same attributes within your utility for your video card

3. There are such controls resident within your operating system (Windows or Mac)

4. Within your Home Designer application you can adjust the properties of ANY material, make it darker, lighter, change its hue, make it emmisive or dull

The only arbitrator of whether or not you adjust such settings is completely up to you and your own opinions as to what looks "right" to you.

DJP

Eric, I did not bother to post a plan because I adequately described the problem and saw no need to post one.

David, I borrowed a sample of Pantone cards from a friend in the printing business and adjusted my monitor to match several colors as closely as possible. I acknowledge that there is a degree of error in what I perceive with my eyesight. After completing this adjustment I still have trouble with the HD software rendering accurate colors. This is why I asked if there is a means to adjust the HD software to color match accurately.

When you create a render view it is still fully adjustable. You can also adjust sun , added and ambient light sources, even the color of emitted light which directly affects results. There are no "absolutes" except for machines other than, as I said your own opinion of what is right and wrong.

DJP