Sign in to follow this  
rodhealydesign

Creating overhang on back of kitchen benchtop

Hi guys

Wondering if anyone knows how to achieve an overhang, on only the back of a kitchen cabinet, while leaving the front (facing into kitchen) flush.

I have attached a screenshot of what I am dealing with, if anyone can help.

Cheers,

Rod

post-7207-0-83728200-1462800484_thumb.png

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

turn the cabinet so that front face is toward the room, extend the overhang for the cabinet or use a box shape and resize.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I am slowly discovering the knowledge base and self help options that are available, and obtaining some knowledge of terms that are used U.S. to Australian terms etc.

I have also added some info to my profile for ease of future correspondence etc. 

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Rod

Thanks for updating your signature.

Try this. Right click on one of the cabinets, choose Generate Custom Countertop.

Size the new countertop as needed.

Rod

I could tell you are from down under as soon as you used the term "bench top".  I guess your closets are robes as well.  :)

Alan

Yes Alan, dead giveaway huh :-)

Once I convert all the terminology I'll be on the home straight, I think that's my largest obstacle atm.

Cheers,

Rod

Yes Alan, dead giveaway huh :-)

Once I convert all the terminology I'll be on the home straight, I think that's my largest obstacle atm.

Cheers,

Rod

I had the same problem when I came from England -- the guy at the auto parts counter couldn't understand me when I asked for a rocker box gasket for my MGB.  :)

Alan