Sign in to follow this  
Fotis1960

Second floor open to finished attic

I'm working on a split level house where the second floor opens up to the finished attic space above the lower floor space. I have created the 2 spaces but can't figure out how to create the opening to connect them. I am using Home Designer Pro 2016. The attic space is 6 ft high and slops down to 3 ft so I cant just put a pass through.  Any help would be appreciated.

In order to have finished "Attic space" one would have to have created a second floor (this software does not allow actual "finished" attic space). Your post currently leaves too much to guess about, please post a copy of your plan file for further, specific help. Perhaps a crude sketch of a cross section of what you intend would be quite helpful as well to anyone who wants to help you.

DJP

Research Open Below

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks for responding. I have attached the file for anyone that can help for review. On this plan I made the lower wall type a room divider but as you can see it also hides the attic wall. 

Split Level House.plan

The plan you posted is not a split level, and I don't understand which 2 spaces you want to connect.

I'm talking about the opening between the second floor and the room above the lower floor. What I'm looking to do is create the opening between the two rooms with out having the attic space open and an out side wall that is not complete. 

Like this? post-171-0-12165700-1450573201_thumb.jpg

Set the bottom part of the wall to interior, reshape in section view. Fill in gaps as needed with soffits. You can draw in your own ceiling planes to hide the wood framing showing.

post-171-0-56552400-1450573289_thumb.jpg