Sign in to follow this  
CrewChief

A-shape Rain Diverter over front door

Hi All

Looking to create A-shape Rain Diverter over front door ( see attached RainDiverterOverDoor.jpg ) .  Cannot find this function and tried the " gable " build - without success. Can you please point me in right direction ? Also attaching rendering of the home featuring a Simple Gable Roof.

Thank you

post-4226-0-64912700-1444444443_thumb.jpg

post-4226-0-87513900-1444444469_thumb.jpg

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left.

Home Designer YouTube videos.

Knowledge Base.

If you have the Dormer tool, You might try it. Difficult to see from your images how things are aligned.

post-171-0-32217600-1444448960_thumb.jpg

Tried the Dormer tool but got this " Serious Error " message when I tried to eliminate " dormer walls " in order to create basic Rain Diverter over door.  

Home Designer Suite 2016

17.3.1. 1x64

post-4226-0-59094700-1444768853_thumb.jpg

After placing the dormer higher up on the roof, grab the move handle and carefully drag it down to the front wall.

Open the dbx.  The gable pitch will probably need to be set lower than the default 12".

Hopefully, Suite has the option to change the eave overhang.  Change it to about 24".

Open the 'walls' tab in the dbx and set the height to 6" (it won't allow anything lower).

Set the width, also.

Your 'rain diverter' should now look just like Eric's pic.

Here's what it should look like if you follow Jo Ann instructions..

adjust the Gable overhang also and you may have to use a triangular shape.

post-3421-0-57280900-1444837702_thumb.jpg