Trouble with gambrel roof

rfcomm2k

I am trying to show a gambrel roof in a cabin with a loft space. Attached is the sketch with measurements taken of the existing rough structure. Also attached is my existing drawing of the proposed finished structure. If you do a cross section of the side walls (i.e. looking toward bedroom from living room) you see that the roof line does not match the sketch.

I created the "second floor" as directed in a previous post so the loft space could be useable (although how much use could there be in a space 50" high at peak).But if I go to the second floor, select the 2 long walls and specify the gambrel roof as 24 in 12 bottom pitch and 6 in 12 as upper pitch, I end up with a really ugly looking abomination.

Any suggestions as to what I obviously have done wrong? My first thought is that with the "second floor" walls being essentially 0" tall that is the problem. But IDK any other way to represent a useable attic space.

With Gambrels you need to keep the Eave overhang short 6-8"  or you get weird looking stuff  happening and the roof will overhang the windows. 

In this case you can built the gambrel off the 1st floor walls or 2nd floor platform  all Auto , no problem , just remember to set the in from baseline measurement to say 12-18 "

I am not sure why your spiral stair is 150" high and has a Roof on it though? I deleted them in this plan. 

plan not attached as you can't open it in 2014...

PS I think you forgot to hit attach for some of your images , there is only one.

My bad, I attached the wrong sketch DJP.

Please look at this one. See the dimensions of the truss/loft detail. 14" in from side wall the lower part of roof reaches 25". Then it peaks at 50.75".

I can accomplish this with one floor. But when I add another floor with 0" height so I can use the attic space, then click build/roofs, the roof does weirdness as seen in the second pict attached to this reply.

It really depends on what you are measuring to and from Rob ,drywall, framing, subfloor.finished floor etc etc which isn't on your sketch , the best way is in elevation is to setup some CAD lines , split the view and then play with roof pitches and inform baseline measurements till it right..

as you can see in my and Erics pics,  it depends on how you interpret how the measurements were taken and how we understand what you wrote.

post-25-0-72033800-1441764516_thumb.jpg