Rail Cap Issue

lexington

I just upgraded to HD16.  When I make an interior wall into a railing, then change that railing into a "solid" rail to basically make a sheetrocked kneewall with a properly sized wood cap, this is what I get.  If I remember correctly my older version used to resize the cap to accomodate the adjusted size of the new rail but this isn't doing that and I can't find where I can adjust the size of the cap.

Help?

Rock

HDPro16

Attached Thumbnails
  • Rail Cap Issue.jpg

PS: I posted this in the wrong discussion forum and couldn't figure out how to move it over here so...

I opened my copy of Pro 2016 and looked (in Chief Premiere they added a "Rails" tab to the wall specification dialog which allows editing any rails-I am sorry to report that they left that feature out in Pro).

So I could recommend that you add a shaped, custom located soffit to cap the railing, you can set its material to whatever you wish after it is in place. To get the soffit to cover the existing rail, you use 'control key-left-click-drag' to get to cover up the ugly, incomplete rail.

DJP

EDIT:  It works if you DONT USE the default Profile.Plan supplied by HD it seems ...see below......

after a bit of testing with 2016 your are right , but if you use the Half Wall Tool, instead of a full wall and then converting it , you will get the CAP , but since you have 2015 or earlier version available Open the default Profile.plan from that version ( I used Pro 10 version) and it works as you want and expect ,...except the Cap is 2" thick or so not 3/4" like if you use the HalfWall Tool ,which I think proves there is a Bug in the default settings of the default Profile Plan in 2016 , and knowing Chief has an option to "Auto size width" for Rails, my guess is it is Off in the Supplied Profile.Plan for Pro 2016.

You should report your "Bug" to Support so they fix it in the next Version/Update....

M.

that  looks like the Defualt from the 2015 Profile Plan Eric? (white) ....I get the same result as the OP with the 2016 Profile Plan.   I have now opened the 2016 version in X7 and autowidth is off , but setting it on doesn't help when opening it in 2016 again though making the default 1/2 wall cap 1 1/2" thick did ,so I think it might be one for Tech support.....

post-25-0-64874400-1437684305_thumb.jpgpost-25-0-64182000-1437684316_thumb.jpg

Thinking back, I bet I copied the profile.plan from the 2015 directory to the 2016. Never even considered there would be changes in the new one.

Wish they would implement my stylesheet idea where user changes would be in a separate file.