Room DBX changes after I set it.

rfcomm2k

I set parameters in the room DBX for absolute elevations, stem wall height, floor height, etc. I specified mono slab, floor supplied by foundation room below, absolute stem wall top © 8", stem wall top (I) 8". This set the floor height (D) to 4" as I expected. When everything looked as I wanted it I clicked OK to close the DBX.

I moved on to another section of building to set the same parameters, but forgot to write down some info from first room. When I re-opened the first room I discovered that the changes I had made were not preserved.

I found the check box floor under this room had been checked, floor supplied by foundation un checked. Stem wall height (I) had been changed to 2' 2 1/8".

I checked the default settings for foundations and saw these were set to walls with footings, so I changed it to mono slab, Now the room DBX remains as I set it.

I thought that the "default settings" were a starting point for a drawing, but that through the use of various DBX settings you can override the defaults. So why do the default settings override me? Is this a program fault?

When you finish changing things in the DBX, make sure to TAB out of the last text box. Then verify your settings. If you just click OK to save and exit the DBX, you risk not seeing changes the program makes as a result of your last entry.

If you can reproduce the problem, post the plan here with instructions on how to duplicate the problem.

• Upvote 1

I thought that the "default settings" were a starting point for a drawing, but that through the use of various DBX settings you can override the defaults. So why do the default settings override me? Is this a program fault?

Edit-Default Settings is the most "senior" area for such settings, those are more important than Room Specification Dialog Settings locally in terms of weight. Starting a plan out of sequence (setting default settings after well starting a plan) is symptomatic of new users. To have the least amount of trouble with a plan, the ideal scene is to think through all Default Settings and to then make them where they should be made before drawing walls and roofs. To correct settings after creating (drawing) lots of stuff, merely confuses and confounds the software's mechanics, making the solution apparently harder to come by. It is a lot to learn and all long time users eventually learn the proper sequences and procedures. No one I know of was "perfect" from the get-go, it is a process of discovery, study. practice and hard work as well as lots of failures along the way.

DJP

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1