Ross-Kzoo

Basement walls with different height concrete

I plan to have a daylight basement with approximately half of the walls 9' high and half would have 3' concrete with 6' conventionally framed stud wall. I haven't found where I can do that. Any thoughts?

I guess that's my problem, I have Suite 2014 and not the other programs listed at the top of the solution. Does that mean I'm dead in the water?

I upgraded from suite to Arch to Pro for this feature and Manual roofs , but JoAnn played with some work arounds in the other thread I pointed to and She Has Arch.  not sure if Suite can do what she did . or you want to spend the time...

M.

Referring to the thread Kbird mentioned,  has Suite now included pony walls?  If not, you can still mimic the 3D look that you want by overlaying some of the exterior walls with thin soffits (with different heights, making them appear to be stepped).

The pink walls in the example are soffits.

post-63-0-01725200-1402260047_thumb.jpg

Nice Work JoAnn , all is not lost if you have Suite :)

Referring to the thread Kbird mentioned,  has Suite now included pony walls?  If not, you can still mimic the 3D look that you want by overlaying some of the exterior walls with thin soffits (with different heights, making them appear to be stepped).

The pink walls in the example are soffits.

I'll only have one step, going from a 9' concrete wall to a 3' concrete wall with 6' studded wall above that. Where and how is the "soffet" applied?

Soffit tool is in the Cabinet section but can be used everywhere

Add soffit as shown in the shaded area. 

post-63-0-09727000-1402266372_thumb.jpg

P.S.

In a prior post, you said you wanted 3' lower walls of stone, and DJP advised you to use soffits, too.

It doesn't look like you've done that yet.

Thank you Jo Ann. I finally know what "soffits" are and how they can be manipulated.

post-44-0-49234800-1402356971_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-22830900-1402358382_thumb.jpg