Library Index File problem and old plan

BugAnnoyer

I have Home Designer Suite 2025 and either one or two problems, not sure. When I open HDS, I see the following sequence of messages, responses, errors, responses:

Message box:

Do you want to download available Home Designer Core Catalogs to your Library?
You can continue to use Home Designer while downloading

I respond "Yes". Next I get the error message box:

The catalog download/update completed with one or more errors. This could be caused by internet connectivity, firewall settings, etc. Would you like to try downloading again?
I respond "Yes", and get the same error. Next, I choose "Check Knowledge Base", and I've tried the various troubleshooting steps there, including manually downloading the Home Designer Suite files to the correct location. None of these troubleshooting steps has changed the Message or Error messages on startup.

In the Database Libraries\errors.log, I see the following error (corresponding to each time I go through the above sequence):
Failed to Download Core Library Index File: HD_Suite_Core_Content_Index.txt, Reason: 0

This file does not exist, and I do not see that file as one of the ones I can download. I've also poke around in the Libraries menu on HDS and none of the things available there has changed the error. One of the things I also noticed is that all the catalog_hash.txt files in every sub-directory of ProgramData are empty

Another error (and probably a separate error?) is that when I open an old Plan file (from HDS 2015), and then open a camera View in the designer, I get a lot of missing file errors:

"One or more files referenced by this view could not be found"
When I look for those files, they were present in the old 2015 folders. I copy them from those 2015 folders to the corresponding 2025 folders, but that does not change that error message the next time I open that Plan/View.

I've searched the forum and Googled on these problems, but so far have not found any answers.

Thanks for any help you can give!

--Steve

For first issue maybe remove HD2025 and then download and install again?

FOr your second issue when the error pops up about missing files - you need to redirect it to the new file you moved as it probably is looking in the wrong place.

PIA when you have a bunch of them

Hello Steve!

We've seen a few of these errors in the last week and it appears to be an out of date security certificate.

We have a patch in the works but to resolve it now, you can go to this site:

https://www.amazontrust.com/repository/

Under the heading "Root CAs" click the DER from the first link under "Self Signed Certificate"

Download, save and install the certificate.

759693278_AmazonCertificateDownload.thumb.png.65c45cf47fbb8885dc3f08ac3521eb8b.png

Close and reopen Home Designer and try the download again. If you continue to have trouble after that please reach out to Technical Support so we can look closer at what you are experiencing.

Regarding missing files, many of these may be cleared up by getting the catalogs properly installed. However, if there are still more, you may want to look at the image path that it's looking for with each item in the list. This may give you ideas for where the files that its looking for will be.

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...