Eave Overhang is Flush to the Wall but I have it set to 8" What is Happening?

SavvyConstructor

I have set my roof overhang to 8" Eaves and 9" Gable. Why is it when I rebuild the roof, the eave overhang is flush to the wall?

When I open the roof plane, it is telling me that the overhang from baseline is 3/16" but I'm not able to edit that number. 

Screenshots attached

Screenshot 2024-08-30 121028.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 120917.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 120935.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 120953.png

Screenshot 2024-08-30 121315.png

I am guessing from your image that most likely you manually drew the problem roof plan misplacing its "Base Line" from the outer edge of the bearing wall to a more inward position. Overhangs are computed from the baseline, just a guess. Are you using Home Designer Pro?

If you were to share a copy of your problem plan I could be more certain in response.

DJP

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2024. I had to manually edit the framing on the existing structure (house) because after I manually edited the roof plane to get the gable wall truss to generate against the house, the framing was not the way I wanted it. So I was prompted to turn off auto roof builds. I'm trying to figure out why the overhang is not correct when I adjust it to 8"eaves and 9" gable. If you go into the plan and adjust the overhang to any number, then rebuild the roof, it will set the overhang to flush.

Try changing your default pitch. It's set to 1/4". Generally, when you have a roof with multiple pitches, set your default to the most common one, then change the pitch in the wall spec as needed.