Window label location changed

BadgerEngineer

Using Home Designer Pro 2023...In all previous plans the window label was located on the exterior of the windows. Now they are in the middle of the window and I cannot find what setting changed or how to change it back. I did not change anything. Anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it?

9 minutes ago, BadgerEngineer said:

Using Home Designer Pro 2023...In all previous plans the window label was located on the exterior of the windows. Now they are in the middle of the window and I cannot find what setting changed or how to change it back. I did not change anything. Anyone else had this happen? How do I fix it?

Were you working with someone that had the premiere line? Label offsets are not available in the dialog for windows in Home Designer. You can grab the small label edit handle and manually drag them for an offset

Try this:

Open the window, open the label tab.

Check specify label. Place your cursor in front of the label, and press enter.

See if it moves the label down.  If it does, hit OK and look at the window in the floor plan view.

52 minutes ago, BadgerEngineer said:

No It is & has always been Home Designer Pro 2023, and ALL previous plans, the window label was just located on the outside no matter what. Baffling.

To clarify, label offset values are not available in the home designer line. So if you had an offset label previously, then you may have received a template plan that was built using the Chief Architect Interiors or Premiere Line which has the ability to store label offsets. You could revert back to using your old plan templates then.
for example, this is the OOTB Home Designer 2024 Residential Template with label offsets established in the Premiere product line.

Profile-Modified With Label Offset.plan

I have my labels defaulted to what Jo_Ann mentioned. Go to the window settings and in the label, hit the enter key once you put it before the text a couple of times and it will move the label down a bit. Keep in mind that whichever wall the window is on, the label will show up either inside or outside of the structure.