Concrete cutout in foundation not showing

ParleeParty

Yes, "Show on floor below" is checked. If have tried both auto-rebuild foundation checked and unchecked. I have deleted and rebuilt the foundation numerous times. I have copied and pasted the good door to the ones not working properly. I have deleted the garage doors and added them back in both before and after a foundation rebuild.

Yeah I have this issue sometimes and can never figure it out.

Happens a lot if you have brick exterior walls too.

For me sometimes when in a 3d view the entire door will be stuck ina sort of concrete wall mix as you can see concrete up in opening.

Personally I think it is due to garage floor being lower and the program well does not handle slabs well.

Always have issues with brick ledge on corners where it meets a different exterior wall material.

Or say have a opening like patio.

I guess they do not do many monolithic slabs in Idaho and just do not get how we mke them here in South where they just sit on ground since we do not have freeze line.

Also try adding a second story when you have slab - it does not let you have proper framing of joists with 3/4" sheathing on top - thinks you use slab for second floor.

All I can say is try moving side to side, manually editing foundation after it is created. play with garage door casing and jambs and position with respect to wall.

Another issue as most garage doors front face is is flush with interior wall surface - recessed into wall. Program does not like that either.

Save model close software reopen try again I never figure out how I fix it because I get so frustrated I move on and come back to it and sometimes it seems to fix itself.

but it is a GLITCH for sure.

What they need is more Slab editing tools so you can cut your own cutout, make your own brick ledge and decide for yourself how wide and deep it is.

areas where you can cut out and sunken slab levels or raised, holes in slab for shower/tub drains, info on anchor bolts.

And do not think to try post-tension slab or slab poured over pilings driven in the swampy muck.

Send some of them programmers down here and watch a slab being formed up and poured.

maybe that time of year where I send in questions about slab problems again.

Hello ParleeParty,

It looks like the cutout is not being made because part of that wall is not above a foundation stem wall. If you place a break in that two door wall at the corner of the foundation, it will generate the cutout.

1545067254_Placebreakatfoundationcorner.thumb.png.11d4d8b016b96b3e1b7e70f3f87e3174.png

365784336_Generatedcutouts.thumb.png.f88e04e300871ee8ce9dc6688461ee35.png

I hope this helps!