Upgrading HD Pro

Jaejaye

Go to solution Solved by y-g-m-n,

@David J Potter - as a seasoned CA and HD Professor, you've helped to solve many of my issues over the years.  May I ask, if I upgrade from a CD version of HD Pro to the latest 2024 USB version - will the CD and my License Key no longer be valid or am I able to uninstall or use my CD and Licence key separately on another Mac Pro? Thank you :) 

• Solution

USB and CD? Really heck my new laptop (from 2 years ago) did not have option for CD drive I had to buy external.

Really just download software to any and all computers you use it on a you have to be connected to internet to use program.

Then check their website and they tell you how to turn it on one computer while turning off on another as it can only be working on one computer at a time.

This is all covered on their website.

20 hours ago, Jaejaye said:

@David J Potter - as a seasoned CA and HD Professor, you've helped to solve many of my issues over the years.  May I ask, if I upgrade from a CD version of HD Pro to the latest 2024 USB version - will the CD and my License Key no longer be valid or am I able to uninstall or use my CD and Licence key separately on another Mac Pro? Thank you :) 

Hello  Jaejaye,

Thank you for your interest in Home Designer Software. Your older CD license key may be eligible for a one time upgrade discount. You can check here: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/discounts/

You may want to check your Mac with our System Requirements to verify compatibility. You can view our system requirements at https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/system-requirements.html.

Additionally, you can download a trial of the program to see how it performs on your system. A trial can be downloaded at https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/trial.html.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please contact our sales department directly.

Chief Architect Sales

208-292-3400 (Mon – Fri, 7am – 4pm Pacific)

sales@chiefarchitect.com

Best,

Phillip

Chief Architect Software

Hi Y-G-M-N,

I have a few Macbook pros!

I think you mis-understood my question - I'm well aware of how it works I was merely asking that I have a Pro Version on CD (used on my Macbook pro 2013 ) - you load the software off the CD instead of downloading it - you still need to log onto the internet and it does ask for the licence key. I upgraded this HD version.

I was merely asking if I upgraded to the 2024 via the USB whether it would override my current version or whether I could have both on separate Macbook Pros of which I have a new Macbook Pro.

CA have given the answer now - so I can run the current one I have on my older laptop and run the latest HD version on my newer Macbook Pro. If I want to interchange then I'd need to deactivate in order to use on the other Mac.

Thanks to everyone for your answers - much appreciated :)