Covered porch over patio

Mav2294

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2024 on Windows (recently upgraded from 2015 so I'm still learning some of the new features).

I have a single story home with a walk-out basement. On the foundation level, there is a patio. On the 1st floor, there is a covered porch and adjacent uncovered deck, both of them above the lower patio and supported on wood posts/columns.

My question is what room type should I use for the covered porch? The framing is similar to a deck, but the room materials, floor covering, roof, walls and other features are more similar to a typical porch. Importantly there is no foundation below the porch as it is supported on wood columns. I need to have control over where the columns are placed and how the underside of the covered porch is framed.

Thoughts?

how is it coveered?

Using HOUSe ROOF or a separate roof with differeent material and pitch..

Example house is 12:!2 pitch with architectural shingles.

Covered porch is aluminum stuff from the gutter guy..

IF same and part of house roof just make it a deck

Click on room edit button for it and I think go to structure tab.

Then check ROOF over this room.

IF different just make a custom roof plane and set it up to your liking

The roof is the same roof as the house.

The question is what room type should I use for the covered porch. The framing is similar to a deck, but the interior is similar to an interior room (solid floor, not deck boards, walls with windows all around).

If I set the room type to Porch or a different type of interior room, then HDP frames it like a regular room which isn't what I need - I need the under side framed similar to a deck and supported on wood posts/columns, not on a foundation.

If I set it to a deck, then I can get the floor framing I need, but the floor itself is wood deck boards (not a solid floor) and getting the walls to be solid instead of a railing has been troublesome.

Hope that clarifies the issue.

Thanks - Mav.