Deck not at Correct Height

MikePearson

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Hello,
I have a second floor loft and when trying to put a deck on, it put's it at this randomly weird height. I'm on the 2nd floor when I add it. My floor trusses are common lumber 2x10's, if that matters. Any ideas?
image.thumb.png.66692abf2b325d6cf2f5df7743a8e956.png

On 3/21/2024 at 4:38 AM, MikePearson said:

it put's it at this randomly weird height

My comment is that there is nothing ' random' about this software; I learnt that early on. The hard way.

You may need to simply adjust the floor height for the deck perhaps.

You either have a loft or you have a second floor;

You refer to it as a second-floor loft? Don't know what that is.

Thats me done.

Jeff

• Solution

Your deck room is probably following "Edit - Defaults - Floors and Rooms - Second Floor - Floor Height". The probable reason that caused its floor to be higher than the house's floor is you did not change the ceiling height of the first floor in  "Edit - Defaults - Floors and Rooms - Second Floor - Floor Height" but just changed the first floor's ceiling height in your Room Specification Dialog Box - Structure - Ceiling height of the rooms of the first floor.

The software can be counted upon to robotacilly follow its settings, right or wrong. When wrong you get results like yours. Carefully find and set the intended defaults for each floor and only then will all be well.

DJP