How can I use a door handle I created in Sketchup on cabinets?

ArmandDesigner

Importing a symbol (.skp) file requires you to give the symbol a name and it is then locatable via that name in the "User Catalog" section of the Library Browser. I can be assigned in "Edit - Default Settings - Cabinet - Door/Drawer tab" if you have Pro, not so sure about Architectural or Suite, take a look.

DJP

In Home Designer, all imported symbols like your door handle are imported as a symbol type Fixture and that cannot be changed.

To make your handle available to a cabinet, it needs to be a symbol type Hardware. Changing the Component ID does not do this (that info is for the Materials List).

You will need to manually place the handle on the cabinet.

Hello David, thank you for your response.

I'm able to import the SKP file in to the User Catalog. However, I am facing an issue while trying to assign it from "Edit - Default Settings - Cabinet - Door/Drawer tab". When I try to select a new handle from the Library, the content is filtered by "Hardware". Unfortunately, I am unable to unfilter the content, which is why my SKP file is not showing up. It appears that external 3D symbols are being imported as "Fixtures Interior". I tried changing the category of my symbol to hardware by editing the Components section to ID: Hardware, but it still does not recognize it as hardware.

Thank you!

Selecting Hardware from Default Cabinets Settings.png

Imported Symbol Type.png

ID to Hardware.png

2 minutes ago, solver said:

In Home Designer, all imported symbols like your door handle are imported as a symbol type Fixture and that cannot be changed.

To make your handle available to a cabinet, it needs to be a symbol type Hardware. Changing the Component ID does not do this (that info is for the Materials List).

You will need to manually place the handle on the cabinet.

Eric, thank you for your response.

I was replying to David when your response came up. 

Well... that is unfortunate, placing the cabinets hardware manually will be very time consuming.

Thank you!