3D Reading Tree

divabydesign

I am trying to recreate a plywood reading tree from a dentist lobby. The original has artificial branches and I am trying to add them to mine. I have not found any 3D models or a way to use images to add the branches to my plan. Any ideas? None of my ideas are working.

reading tree.jpg

Can you post a picture or something to show what you are looking to do? First thought is to try horizontal cylinders for branches, or sloped soffits. Yet that's a shot in the dark without seeing what you want it to look like.

Do you have the bonus catalog: Plants, Images, Backdrops>3D Plants-Trees? Poke around with that one once you purchase it and you may find something that works for you under Deciduous trees

Maybe there's a tree that has hanging branches and you can adjust the size of it to give it the look you want. You may not be able to just get branches. You may need to plunk a tree right inside of the base.

Take a picture of what you want in real world.

Then insert to plan.

Maybe edit picture in photoshop to cut around branches and such 

Also check out 3d warehouse:

3D Warehouse (sketchup.com)

PLenty of posts on here on how to get something and convert it to HD - I forget off hand as It just comes to me when I do it.

Probably other sites too.