Brick exterior starting at the foundation

Gatorguy

Home Designer Pro 2022

I and trying to simulate a block on foundation with an L block on top and the poured slab within the block. The brick must start on the slab wall foundation. This is a very typical construction here in GA where most homes do not have a crawl space. I need the brick to extend all of the way to foundation but the brick walls are shown on top of the slab  I simulated the block with stem walls and set it to "Slab with footings" which results in the slab and its footings on top of the stem walls and the brick starting at the slab.

image.thumb.png.54069109ec401b71341d989bb9fb9ec2.png

On 11/20/2023 at 3:31 PM, Gatorguy said:

trying to simulate a block on foundation with an L block on top and the poured slab within the block

Sounds like a good drafting exercise - I doubt if HDPro lets us twiddle with the needs you have.

HDPro provides the necessary drafting tools for this.

Thats what I would do..as using Chief is not an option for all of us.

Jeff.

• Upvote 1

Eric,

Thanks tremendously for all of the time you have put into this. I had tried a similar approach but couldn't quite get there so I'll follow your instructions as best I can with HDPro. Especially how to get from floor framing to slab but if I can't, floor framing will probably be adequate. My materials estimates will be used primarily as a check on the contractor estimates so some details aren't critical. I will be giving the final plans to an architect to create the final drawings and signature, so you are correct that I won't need to include some details to complete the design (I should have clarified that at the beginning).

I'm glad I didn't bother you with something that was a common problem although nearly all construction in GA is monolithic slab or a brick foundation with slab. 

My next big challenge is the roof line.

Thanks again.

Eric,

I am not exactly certain what the solution was, but I started with a new drawing and set the following defaults (which I had tried earlier but must have changed something else that messed it up).

Foundation

• Foundation Type - Walls With Footings - Hang 1st Floor Inside Foundation Walls
  • Stem Walls - Structure - Hang Floor Platform Above Wall
  • Wall Types - Made a block wall with brick exterior

Walls - Foundation was not selected, Footing and Monolithic Slab were grayed out and not changeable

Thanks again

Now on to learning roof planes.

Brick from Foundation.png