Crown Molding

Casey4965

Go to solution Solved by Casey4965,

I am having issues with crown molding, and it's coming in on both sides of an object. I am using cabinet dividers/partitions to create my shelving. 

Please look at the image provided and let me know what I am doing wrong. I am sure it is something simple I am just missing.

Crown Molding.png

5 hours ago, Casey4965 said:

Please look at the image provided and let me know what I am doing wrong.

I'm not even sure what you are doing.

Attach your plan file, or a simple one that demonstrates the problem and someone will have a look.

in lieu of shelves and partitions.

Just use a cabinet either full height or base or wall that suits.

locate and then open editing dialogue for it.

under box construction Decide cabinet type (face frame or frameless (which is like what you are drawing with partitions)

Go to FRONT page.

And edit it by removing doors then you have open cabinet with shelves.

You can let it auto space shelves or in OPENING part manually edit shelves.

now for your crown issue if you size a full cabinet or locate a wall cabinet so the top is at your ceiling height then the room crown will STOP and "be cut" at sides of cabinet box.

If you want Crown to go around cabinet then go to cabinet molding page and add it so it lines up with room crown.

Remember with crown though think how it attaches to cabinet box - need some flat surface and place to nail it on.

no sense designing something that cannot be made.

Play with cabinets as you can do many things if you get creative knowing what each menu page has on it and what it does,

• Solution

y-g-m-n,

Thank you for your response. It is well appreciated. I am just trying to learn.

Can the top of the wall cabinet be removed?

I am new to this software and in my full-time job I use Revit and AutoCAD which when doing these sorts of things it is pretty straightforward.

It would probably be easier if I were using Premier, but the guy I am doing this for does not want to pay that kind of money.

Sincerely,

@Casey4965

ht1.thumb.png.6b4fd3651a6917ba2450aec9f6e2a32b.png

16 hours ago, solver said:

I'm not even sure what you are doing.

Attach your plan file, or a simple one that demonstrates the problem and someone will have a look.

3 hours ago, Casey4965 said:

I am new to this software and in my full-time job I use Revit and AutoCAD which when doing these sorts of things it is pretty straightforward.

A couple of tips.

Home Designer is not Revit or AutoCAD.

For problems like this it's helpful to have a plan file to review. It just saves time, allows someone to see exactly what you have done, and prevents guessing.

Try to show, or clearly describe the end result. You may not know the best way to model something. New users often lack knowledge of the different tools available, and do not understand the side effects and interrelations between the various tools and objects. 

Always keep the big picture in mind. In the image above, I placed two partitions and removed the crown between them. In my made up example, that was simple to do, but the method I used may or may not work for your project.