Dimensions on and angled wall

Casey4965

I am new to Chief Architect Home Designer Pro. I mainly use AutoCAD and Revit.

I have a wall that is angled ever so slightly and when trying to dimension it, point to point, I can get the overall. It's when I want to dimension the door from corner to casing that it does not recognize the door. I have adjusted all the settings as far as I know. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

That was quick, and welcome to HomeTalk.

A couple of tips.

No need to say Chief Architect Home Designer Pro, just Pro will do, along with the year -- like Pro 2024.

Images (screen captures) will let others see what you see.

Often, attaching your plan file -- the actual file, and not a picture of the plan will help with suggestions. So many ways of doing things, and many times new users make changes that cause problems when trying to solve a problem. Having the plan saves lots of back and forth and guessing.

I'm far from knowledgeable about dimensioning, but maybe this will get you going.

Hey Eric,

I tried to attach my file, but it was too large. I have attached a snippet of the area I am having an issue with.

I have the overall dimension 3'-4 9/16" but am unable to dimension from the inside drywall corner to the inside of the jamb on the door and then to the other side.

Screenshot 2023-10-26 134917.png

4 minutes ago, Casey4965 said:

I tried to attach my file, but it was too large.

Copy the walls involved to a new plan, close it and attach. Add some notes/arrows etc in the plan so someone knows exactly what you want.

I'm not sure what the problem is. You should be able to pick up additional points off of the 3'-4 dimension string.

I'm heading out to a job, but will check back later today.

Try using "point to point" dimensions and be sure your "grid snaps" are off. Typically, for wood frame construction, dimensions for interior doors are to the center line of the door, and not jambs. Masonry will use rough opening for the preferred method of dimensionlng