Solar panels on roof are showing up in my 2nd floor plans and doll house view

SLO_DW

Hello!

I used Upwork to get someone to help me get a 2D layout into Home Designer Pro 2024 in a basic format for a fixed fee for our future mountain cabin.  Now I want to start digging in and customizing the design and step by step I am learning a lot in Home Designer!  I have one Home Designer question that I have not figured out.  For some reason the 6 solar panels I see in the 3D perspective view on the roof are showing up in the 2 floor doll house and floor plan.   How would I keep the solar panels from showing up in the second floor on some of the views?  When I try to select the solar panels in the floor plan or doll house view I can't select the object to force them on the roof.

Thanks in advance for any advice here!

Dan Weeks

Solar panels showing up on floor plan for 2nd floor.jpg

Six solar panels on roof.jpg

Solar panels showing up on second floor doll house.jpg

7 hours ago, solver said:

Your Upwork person used Chief Architect to create the model, and some of the objects, like the solar panels and the small roof on the first floor are not ones you may edit in Home Designer.

Ask your Upwork worker to remove them.

Thanks for the quick response!  This is super helpful.  I just reached out to the Upwork person to remove the 6 solar panels.

It's great to hear that you're diving into Home Designer Pro and customizing your mountain cabin design! To resolve the issue of solar panels appearing on the second floor views, you might want to ensure that they are placed correctly on the roof layer. Check if the solar panels are on the same floor as the roof, and you should be able to select and position them properly. If the issue persists, you could seek guidance from Home Designer Pro's support or community forums for more specific assistance. Happy designing!