HELP with elevation

Eddieg

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Thank you Eric! 

As you can tell I'm an amateur at Home designer. Many years ago I taught using  AutoCAD but HD is totally different and being a lot older I'm sure I'm slower at catching onto things.

I should mention this is my second set of plans using HD and on this one I've had trouble with "Automatically Rebuild Foundation". I've turned it off and on several times and that might be my problem, I don't know.

I tried to attach a copy of my plan but it said it is larger than 14 MB. However in File Explorer it says the PLAN file is only 16,591 KB. So I saved a screen capture as a jpeg file and attached it.

I hope this helps.

Front elevation.jpg

1 hour ago, Eddieg said:

I tried to attach a copy of my plan but it said it is larger than 14 MB. However in File Explorer it says the PLAN file is only 16,591 KB

16,591 KB is over 16 MB.

Plan should easily Zip to a smaller size.

Thank you Eric, for the time you spent on my plan! I am a retired builder and agree 100% on your suggestions to make the roof line simpler with fewer gables, to lower the cost! I am also a traditionalist who likes an all brick home. Unfortunately, my wife insists on mixing materials and having a cut-up roof with gables. 

Do you know if there's a way, with Architectural 2023, to draw beams, under the little gable on the porch, that go from the posts on each side, up the slope of the soffit with the pitch of the roof? (I'm afraid that's as clear as mud)