display deck framing in plan

sactown

Using HD Pro 2024

I've set the layer display options for Framing: Deck Framing to display, but it still won't display in plan view (see pic). But I see the joists and beam in 3D view just fine. Interestingly, if I display the deck planking that will show up in plan view, but still no joists and beam. For reference, I did customize the framing of this deck, no idea if that matters here.

Any suggestions what else I need to do to see the deck framing in plan view?

layer display options 1.png

11 hours ago, Rookie65 said:

You'll see the deck framing when you switch to the floor below 

Unfortunately that is not what is going on. When I am viewing floor 1, the deck outline is present but the framing is hidden. When I view floor 2 the deck outline is gone because the deck resides on floor 1.

The issue is that the deck framing won't display. Here's a pict, the orange box is around the deck area, the framing should be showing per the Layer Display Options but it doesn't.

deck framing missing 1.png

9 hours ago, solver said:

You can copy/paste deck framing from one floor to another.

You can use Reference Display to show the deck framing on the floor above.

Thanks, but I just want the deck framing to display as it should on floor 1, I'm trying to solve that basic problem.

25 minutes ago, solver said:

Are you saying the deck framing does not display -- anywhere?

Close Pro and attach the plan file.

Well, the deck framing displays in 3D view, but I can't get it to display in the plan. here's a 3D pic of the plan I previously posted. And as requested I attached the plan in question. I'm sure I've done a lot of things in this plan poorly, it's quite a challenge as a noob to recreate something already existing.

deck framing 3d.png

9624 v4.plan

28 minutes ago, solver said:

As said above, the deck framing displays on floor 0.

Are you not understanding what has been suggested, or are you wanting something different?

OMG, I feel like such a noob, I didn't realize there is a floor zero. Yes that solves the problem, many thanks.

Here's screen shots showing no deck posts in plan view for either level 0 or level 1, both levels have display on for Framing-Deck Beams, Framing-Deck Framing, & Framing-Deck Posts. 3D shows the posts exist, but they don't show up in plan view. Frustrating, probably something simple but have no clue.

level 0.png

level 1.png

3D view.png

That's very helpful, thank you. I have no idea how I got my file all messed up but I've copied/pasted all deck items to floor 1 and now it's all there together.

What makes things more confusing is while the posts are showing Object Layer: Framing Posts, when I open the spec window it says there it is a deck post.

I want to better understand object layer info and searched that term in the reference manual and that term doesn't exist there. The manual has been great for a lot of things but this is an example of where it leaves me wanting more.

Thanks again for all the help.