Window Dimension Location is Driving me Crazy!

BoDay1

I have been working with this program for about a month.

My first couple of projects I had no problem with the location of the window dimensions display because it was a movable object.

But I have now drawn a new project and the window dimension display is locked on top of the window. 

I can't upload both plans as it would be too large... this is the plan where the dimensions are stuck in the middle of the windows.

Bo

Orrin's Ln Bed Addition.plan

You can go to the default settings under dimensions and locate where you want dimensions to show for openings, etc. Might be good to spend some time with your reference manual so you aren't always waiting for someone to answer things that quite possibly you could find the answer sooner and not slow down your design.

Hi Keith,

I totally appreciate this is simple question and I am trying not to wear down the good-will of you folks who have been helping me.

And I am working with the Default Settings and looking under Dimensions... but none of those options change where the window dimensions display.

Thanks for your patience,

Bo

I thought you were looking for where the dimension lines were? What I do is go to the window defaults, go to label, then go to specify label and hit enter 3 times above the label. That will push it down below the middle of the window so it's clear, if that's what you mean?

Simply the window label/dimensions.  If the window is 4'0" x 2'0" and a SH.  That is all I'm struggling with.

It was a movable item in my first three project.  Now it is not.  Same program.  Same computer.  No difference... except now I can not move that information?

I uploaded the plans at the start of this question.

Bo

I can't thank you enough, Eric/ Solver.

That is so simple yet I couldn't find that description of the tiny label handle in the formal Help that is available.  And what is odd is that for the first three projects I worked on the label auto-generated a few inches outside the building... so it was obvious and easy to simple click and move them around.  But with this current project they auto-generated exactly on top of the window and, without knowing that I needed to zoom in and find that tiny handle, I couldn't select the label.

Thank you again for your patience and help.

Bo