Problem creating Basement

Phil-Cyr

I'm new to this forum.  I have Home Designer Pro and am designing a new home for myself and daughter (duplex).  I've tried to create a basement but there's still a footing left as the floor of floor number 1.  I have the basement but when I do an outside render, there's a footing outside the home at the level of the first story floor.  This home will have a daylight basement with the basement on the backside completely out of the ground using ICF w siding.  Any advice on what I've done wrong?

Thank you.

Phil Cyr

Eric,

You hit the nail on the head!  I had checked foundation wall, why, I don't know but thanks for helping me.  I added my Pro 2024 to my signature.  I tried to attach my plan with the question but it was oversized?  I'm unfamiliar with how to zip files, is that what I should have done?

Thanks again!

Phil

7 minutes ago, Phil-Cyr said:

I'm unfamiliar with how to zip files, is that what I should have done?

That's the first thing to try. 

Close Pro, then ...

On Windows (don't know about a Mac, and I forgot to suggest you add that info to your signature) right click on a file, choose Send To, then Compressed (zipped) folder.

If it's still too big, make a copy and delete things that are unneeded, furniture, cars, plants etc.

Here is another video with some tips on getting started with the program > https://youtu.be/s-TcAHsiMjg