not printing plan to scale

Fredo649

I hope someone can help.

I have a plan that I am doing and when I set things up like the layout page (11x17) printer is an Epson WF-7720 . I send plan to layout at 1/4" = 1'-0" and then print it does not print to scale for instance one wall is 42' long but when I scale it it scales to approx. 41'-2" 

What could be my issue ? I never noticed this before and I think I have all settings correct.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

You must first set up the following:

Drawing Sheet Setup "File - Print - Drawing Sheet Setup"

There you set the paper size and drawing scale in its dialog box

When you open your layout after setting its attributes you check to make sure the layout is actually displaying the proper virtual paper size using your dimension tool to verify it is correct. If not you manually resize the layout sheet size so it agrees with your intention to print to 11x17 paper.

Finally, when you order a Print Dialog to print your layout sheet to paper check to make sure that dialog is displaying your intended paper size AND that the "Print to Scale" check box is checked.

DJP

12 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

You must first set up the following:

Drawing Sheet Setup "File - Print - Drawing Sheet Setup"

There you set the paper size and drawing scale in its dialog box

When you open your layout after setting its attributes you check to make sure the layout is actually displaying the proper virtual paper size using your dimension tool to verify it is correct. If not you manually resize the layout sheet size so it agrees with your intention to print to 11x17 paper.

Finally, when you order a Print Dialog to print your layout sheet to paper check to make sure that dialog is displaying your intended paper size AND that the "Print to Scale" check box is checked.

DJP

That is exactly what I do , Still the same no difference