Roof build over attached carport

mjm911sc

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I am trying to build a simple gable end roof over an attached carport. The carport is open and will be supported by posts at each corner. I'm building it over a slab and when I install the final invisible wall the roof autogenerates. The roof covers much more than the carport and raises a second story above the house. I selected a full gable wall in the end wall dialog box. The roof should attach at a 90 degree angle to the main roof line. I have tried using Gable Line specification but I can't seem to correct this issue. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. I am using Home Designer Architectural 2023. Thank You, Mike

Overview.jpg

Thank You for the info on using hometalk, I have updated my signature info, and reviewed the references you provided.  

I agree it was impossible to understand what was wrong using  the info that I provided. I intended to attach the working Home Designer file but it was too large. I am including several camera views so that you can better understand my issue. The "Overview before" file shows the project prior to closing in the large slab, which is to be a carport with corner posts.  I used  room dividers for the three exterior walls around the slab. Once I closed in the slab to form the carport, the roof auto generated as seen in the "Overview After" and North and West View files. My intention was to have a simple full gable roof over the carport. The Western side (right side in North and West views) generated correctly from the lower edge, but terminated prior to reaching the gable peak in the center of the carport. The eastern side continued past the centerline forming the raised wall along the roof line. I have tried moving the walls slightly in and out, I also varying the roof pitch. These changes did not correct the issue.  Any suggestions are sincerely appreciated. Than you..

Overview before .jpg

Overview After .jpg

North View After.jpg

West View after.jpg

Ist Floor Layout.jpg

North View Before.jpg

West View Before.jpg