Open below isn't opening

kitmuu

I am using HD Suite 2012 and am trying to create a loft on the 3rd floor (to be open to the 2nd floor below).  Following the instructions in the FAQ tutorial on creating a loft results in a floor plan that says "Open Below" in the right place, but there is still a floor there in the 3D camera view.  I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, but I suspect maybe something related to how I created the roof.

I tried using an invisible wall as well as a railing to create the separate room that could be given the "Open Below" designation, but neither way has worked.

Thanks for your help.

post-953-0-75031600-1426814544_thumb.jpg

post-953-0-83267700-1426814545_thumb.jpg

post-953-0-00896600-1426814547_thumb.jpg

I suspect that you built the 3rd floor with the ceiling set to '0', then you spray painted the osb 'ceiling'  with tongue and groove siding?

You need to open the dialog box for each room, and uncheck 'ceiling over this room'.  You should then be able to see the floor 'below', and the framing structure will also change.

Thank you for the help; you are correct that the ceiling height was set extremely low (leftover from a previous failed attempt to get the roof to work).

Adjusting that to the right height fixed the problem.

Thanks again!