How to apply plate rail to one wall only.

snorswal

I am working on a historic home and the client wishes to have tile up to the door height on one wall only.  Currently I am using wall covering and chair rail set at 85" to replicate the look they want, but unsure how I can do this on just ONE wall? The wall covering part is no problem, but the chair rail is my issue.  Thoughts?

molding question.jpg

If you do it with a soffit, you can add the chair rail on the soffit. If you need the tile on all of the walls, then eliminate it from the wall covering you have. Then add the moulding itself at the height needed on just the one wall you want it on by using a thin soffit with a moulding. .

Two different methods, same issue.  Left is soffit with molding, right is custom backsplash with custom countertop as cap.  Both want to extend and wrap at the end.  Is there a way to stop that and get a butt end? I can see on the custom countertop menu that there is an option to have "molding on selected edge" but i am unsure how to use this function.

extensions.jpg

6 minutes ago, snorswal said:

I can see on the custom countertop menu that there is an option to have "molding on selected edge" but i am unsure how to use this function.

Select an edge where you do not want the molding, open the countertop, click No Molding, close the dialog, repeat.