roof plane & post to ceiling issue

AlanS7

I am closing in on my design and have 2 glitches. I had to manually build the roofs to make the design work, but there is a small mismatch. If I turn on auto build roofs it changes the roof design.

Another issue is the extra posts. If I go with no posts on the ends of the porch (railings) then the corner posts don't show. I've tried adjusting the post distances. If I use post to beam then it works, 

but I don't really want the beams. Home Designer Pro 2022

deck elevation.jpg

porch post.jpg

porch views.jpg

roof join.jpg

main alt 09.plan.zip

Spend some time with your reference manual.

I would suggest on the roofs, pull them apart so they aren't touching, then try the "match roof" command, which looks like 2 triangles going in opposite directions. The top roof will probably need to be pulled the most so you don't get the message that they can't cross each other.

For the posts, go to the rail style for the railings they are on and look at the end and start post setting. They usually default to a half post, yet you can set it to none. Those may help clean this up for you.

When you open the program, click on "New Users Start Here". Scroll down until you see the "Reference Manual" link. There you can open it and even better, save the PDF to your desktop so you can refer to it easier.