Permanent Wet Bar in Basement

KingBillW

Has anyone designed in a permanent wet bar in a basement corner? Are there any cool/easy libraries out there for those types of design components? I have the game room library with the dry bar. My wet bar will be permanent and in a corner, about a 10x10 area. Bar refrigerator cabinets/counter along exterior walls, bar with bar stools surrounding the hidden interior wall area that will have the wet bar built in. Just like your neighborhood small sports bar with TVs and such. Any suggestions for libraries to use, or how to use some of the standard tools to design it? I have the "Suite" software version 2014.

Thank you in advance

I found the under counter refrigerator and ice maker ... not sizeable, but I can make it work. Using kitchen cabinets for the "behind the bar/under the bar counter" as a substitute, even though in the real world they are not as deep. I will have to adjust once I find that depth. I still need to figure out how to put a flat counter on the bar height half wall and make it look realistic. Any suggestions?

I think I'm getting a decent start on it for a newbie. I figured out how to put a countertop on top of a 42" half wall for my wet bar. Still a lot to do with the details, but I'm loving this software ... just have to get through the learning curve.

Inital Start to Wet Bar Design 1

The best advice I can give you is to carefully read and then practice using all the tools that are described in the Reference Manual (Help - Reference Manual). This takes time to do so do it a little at a time, using simple test plans to practice with, then when you have some confidence in your competence, apply that knowledge to your main plan.

Confront, think through and set all your Defaults for a plan before you spend a lot of time doing things which you will have to correct or change later (double work).

The software is a mechanical device, it does not think, have judgement or clairvoyance, you control it and its tools to a result always.

DJP

• 3 months later...