Second Floor Issue

MVRobert

I'm using Pro 2022 to look at options for a Master Bedroom addition to my existing Cape Cod style house.

I started by drawing the as built plan, which includes a second floor.

When I draw the addition, I am unable to draw a second floor over it.  If I try to add a floor, the program adds a 3rd floor over the existing house.  

Is what I want to do even possible? 

Thanks

Bob

I draw the four walls to define a room on a second floor over the addition, but the walls don't display on 3D.

Ceiling height for the room seems correct, defaults for ceilings seem correct, resetting to defaults and rebuilding walls does nothing.

Turning on auto rebuild roof (turned off previously to allow a shed dormer to display correctly) builds a new second roof over the addition.  The original roof over the addition remains.  The second roof appears to be at the proper height, but the walls still don't display. 

I tried to attach the zipped plan files, but it's larger than the 14 MB allowed.

The problem I'm asking for help with is the display (or lack thereof) of the walls for the second floor of the addition. 

As I said previously, I can define the room over the 1st floor of the addition, but the walls do not display on the 3D view.  So, Eric, what you see is, in fact, the problem. The 2nd floor walls are defined on the plan, but do not display on the 3D view.