Ceiling heights affecting roof planes

BACLLC

Here is my issue. When I change ceiling heights (in this case a front living area (delineated by a "room divider" to the back portion of the plan) ceiling is 1' higher than the rest of the ceilings in the back of the house) I get this strange roof plane (image #1) ? 

If I place the ceilings the same level I get a normal looking roof plane (with auto roofs turned on (image #2))

Whether or not I have no ceiling or flat ceiling (in the front area) the roof stays the same (awkward looking) with the two differing ceiling heights front to back.

I have auto roofs turned on, is that my problem ?  or is there something else I am missing ?

I have seen where others have gotten the roof the way they want it and then turn off "auto roofs", but I thought there was an easier way to remedy my problem, as I tweak the plan / ceiling heights, etc.

I am using Home Designer pro 2021. 

roof problem.jpg

roof problem #2.jpg

roof problem #3.jpg

I had this problem when I first used Home Designer. The easiest fix was to turn off auto roofs, build rooms with the same ceiling height (front living area same height as the back living area), build roof, keep auto roofs turned off and then change the height of the front living area to the height you need. I hope this helps you. 

2 minutes ago, BACLLC said:

I guess my next question is, if I change the exterior wall layout and need to redo the roof on that account, how do I do that without the roof going crazy after I've adjusted room ceiling heights ?

Learn the manual roof tools.

• 2 weeks later...

As solver says, absolutely learn the manual roof tools or else you would have to put all ceilings to their heights before the last roof change, keep auto roof turned off, build roof and then put that one lower ceiling room back to height needed. More work for each time plan changes, though. 

• 2 weeks later...