Site Plan for Permit

JGiacchi

I am using Home Designer Pro 2021 to submit drawings for a building permit,

My plan file can be found at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E8cEI147qmEkBl0m5213dYZYV7b-iD1D/view?usp=sharing

I've searched, but I haven't had much luck finding any information on how to assemble the drawing.

I apologize if this is obvious, but I couldn't find any tutorials or anything related to Home Designer.

I did find a tutorial for Chief Architect that was what I would like to do

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1930/creating-a-site-plan-or-plot-plan.html?playlist=101

, but wasn't sure if there was an equivalent set of features I could use in Home Designer.

I've been able to draw my house well enough for my purposes and I was able to import the survey information, but I am having trouble figuring out the layout tool.  It seems like the data I want is on different floors of the house, the survey is on floor 0, the North Facing arrow is on Floor 1, and the roof outline is on floor 2.

My goal is to have an end result like the below link.

https://www.maricopa.gov/DocumentCenter/View/15365/Typical-Site-Plan-Example-with-Checklist-PDF

Thank you very much,

Jim

33 minutes ago, JGiacchi said:

but wasn't sure if there was an equivalent set of features I could use in Home Designer.

Have you looked/tried?

34 minutes ago, JGiacchi said:

having trouble figuring out the layout tool. 

You create the site plan in Plan, then send to Layout. What "layout tool" are you referring to?

35 minutes ago, JGiacchi said:

the survey is on floor 0, the North Facing arrow is on Floor 1, and the roof outline is on floor 2.

Roofs may be moved. Select a roof plane and check the Edit Toolbar. I imagine you were on level 0 when you imported the survey. If it's an image or PDF, you may cut/paste elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Ok!

Thank you, these were helpful.  The tip to cut and paste between layers was what I was missing to show all of the relevant information at the same time.

I've attached a PDF showing where I am at and I am almost done with what I need.

My two follow on questions.

The text for the labels on the survey lines are small and unreadable.  How do I adjust the labels on the terrain perimeter lines to make them bigger?

I'd like to add dimensions in showing the relative location of the shed and the garage with respect to the house, but I am a little confused as to how to add specific dimensions without showing all dimensions.  It seems like my choices are between automatic and manual dimensions, I don't see an option to show just some of the manual dimensions.  I put in a lot of manual dimensions when I was creating the framing for the house, so it gets quite busy when i turn them on.  In addition in order to get the dimensions I had to add invisible walls to allow something to snap the dimensions to, otherwise the dimensions would also snap to one on the shortest angle distance between the corners, not the horizontal and vertical dimensions.  It seems like that is a poor way of doing it and I feel like there would be a better way of doing it then that.

Thanks again for your help!

Jim

HousePlanwBarn.pdf

image_2021-10-30_115539.png

image_2021-10-30_115946.png