Locking / hiding reference images?

4ndrew

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hi all,

Haven't had to do this before & thought it would be easy, but I've been unable to find a way to lock and / or hide a image I've imported to use as a floorplan reference.

Turning off the visibility of Images doesn't do anything...

Any help appreciated.

• Solution

Use Transform/Replicate to move it if you do not want to see it. 

Imported images are on the CAD, Default layer which you can set to not display, and/or lock, but that will affect all items on that layer.

And no, you cannot change an items layer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the HD rationale behind not being able to change an item's layer (especially imported items) and not being able to create a custom layer?  Is there some automation limitation with this software that requires all imported items to be in the interior fixtures layer? And not creating custom layers?  This seems like such a basic capability that is in several other CAD products.  Why has it not been a capability from the start in HD?  Is this capability present in Chief Architect?

All Sketchup imports from 3D Warehouse go on the interior fixtures layer and it would be very helpful to separate them out onto other layers and create some custom layers.  I have vehicles, bicycles, toolboxes, dart boards, pool tables, corn hole games, fixtures, etc. in all different areas of my plans to prove that there is adequate room for these items to reside and be used.  It is very cumbersome to show different views and create the correct layouts without a layer transfer capability.  This should be basic capability, I am shocked it is not in all versions of HD from the start!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rising_Sun_Homes said:

Is this capability present in Chief Architect?

Probably.

I've found a bunch of things that should be present in the Designer series (at least, Home Designer Pro) that are included in the Chief Architect software, such as round railings.

Assigning objects to layers and generally creating/working with layers is 101-level stuff. Should be included.

19 hours ago, 4ndrew said:

Probably.

I've found a bunch of things that should be present in the Designer series (at least, Home Designer Pro) that are included in the Chief Architect software, such as round railings.

Assigning objects to layers and generally creating/working with layers is 101-level stuff. Should be included.

I absolutely agree, it should be included!