Elevation view with verticle measurements

JamesSteven

I am trying to generate a north,south, east, west elevations that include measurement (e.g ground to peak).  I have been able to generate a perspective view but the measurement functions are disabled (grayed out).  I have looked in the user manual and could not find any how to information,  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the quick response.  I am using PRO 2021 and I will add that info to my profile settings.  I miss-stated - it was not Perspective View it was the Orthographic view that I used to generate the Elevation.  This is where I am stuck.  How can the exterior dimensions get displayed on an elevation?  I can manually place measurements but do not want to calculate the ground to ridge line distance.  I am thinking that information should be brought over from the wall height and pitch.

• 4 months later...

I too have been looking for a way to generate elevations that include dimensions. It's a simple question which should have a clear response. 
@solver, your responses come across as monumentally arrogant and generally unhelpful. 

I hope you're okay. Good luck with whatever caused that.