Stem wall not centered on footing

specialk89

Hey All,

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021. I've had this happen in the past and was able to fix it after hours and hours of reading. This pesky issue has happened again and I cant remember how I did it for the life of me.

I have a 20"x8" concrete footing with ICF stem wall above. The stem wall is not centered on the footing. I think the part that is most annoying is what I am doing in the first place to offset it? On a majority of my plans it is automatically centered.  If anybody has any suggestions that would make my day.

I'm new to this forum so if more information or pictures is required I can do so.

Thanks!

Hey All,

Thanks for the information. As I get more familiar with this feed and how it works I will surely become more efficient at it, but we all have to start somewhere. I can imagine us "Hometalk newbies" flooding the feeds with generic questions is frustrating. 

Other drawings I have created on the 2021 software the stem wall was centered on the footing. I have a hunch it has something to do with my default settings because now if I start a new plan it's offset on the footing.

I have been playing around with the Wall Types definition and adding air gaps to each side and that seems to center it, but I feel like this is a mickey mouse way of fixing it.. This happened about a month ago and somehow I was able to fix it.....my stupidity for not retaining it lol

• 2 years later...

Is there a good work around for this offset stem wall from the footing issue in HD Pro 2021?  That is the only version that I have and I’d like for my foundation walls to be centered on my footings. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

@jmyers

Here is the default template from Pro 2020. It should contain the correct wall.

Follow the link above to a thread discussing this. 

I believe there are various ways you could make use of this. I would create a new template (instructions in the other thread) that would use the 2021 template as a base, but with the wall from the 2020 template.

I don't have these installed on my system to test.

Ask questions in a new thread if you need ideas.

Profile.plan

15 minutes ago, solver said:

@jmyers

Here is the default template from Pro 2020. It should contain the correct wall.

Follow the link above to a thread discussing this. 

I believe there are various ways you could make use of this. I would create a new template (instructions in the other thread) that would use the 2021 template as a base, but with the wall from the 2020 template.

I don't have these installed on my system to test.

Ask questions in a new thread if you need ideas.

Profile.plan 3.1 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you!!!!  I’ll give it a try.