Change Wall Type from Exterior to Interior

ChiefArchDavid

Can you change a wall type from exterior to interior?

I added a covered porch to my model with a safe room beneath, and grass is now growing in my safe room in the basement.

It looks like the terrain builder thinks the safe room is external, and the program tries to put grass in there.  The walls are all connected.

I'm trying not to have to redraw the walls.

Edited by ChiefArchDavid
additional info

I did a temporary solution by putting elevation points on the intruding landscape 6” below the basement floor.

When I try to use an elevation region the intruding landscape just moves around the region, even if the region goes from wall to wall.

I confirmed that “no room definition” was not checked.

There is a railing on one side of the porch above with an arch beside it.  I’m thinking that the railing is letting the terrain through.

One of the things that happened in Pro 21 is that the terrain will not build under items that overhang the ground. Such as bump out fireplaces, bay windows, etc. What you do in those cases is go to Terrain>Terrain hole and draw a hole around the 1st floor area that you don't want grass in. Just draw it to the foundation line, not the framing. Then uncheck" hide terrain intersected by building" and that will get the grade to hit your foundation. It may not be the fix for this situation, yet probably something to keep in mind as you do more plans.