Creating deck around something / cutting a hole in a deck

Hello,

Using Home Designer Pro 2020.

I have created an in ground swimming pool using rectangular 8x4 m terrain feature, filling it with "water" using a geomeric shape. All is well so far.

I need to build a deck around around the pool. See the plan drawing attached. I find no way would be to create a "hole" in the deck for the pool.

How do i accomplish creating a deck around the pool?

Best regards, David

656172666_deckaroundpool.thumb.jpg.4658a17a1e93651e1deb52c1a518d057.jpg

6 dec.jpg

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

• Downvote 1

chiefuserdavido 's solution is workable. You can draw a deck around the pool and then use a polyline set to "Hole in floor" to cut out for the pool or as he said, draw the deck around the pool, using invisible railing/deck walls to define the deck around the existing pool. Either way should work.

DJP

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2020 at 11:23 AM, DavidJPotter said:

chiefuserdavido 's solution is workable. You can draw a deck around the pool and then use a polyline set to "Hole in floor" to cut out for the pool or as he said, draw the deck around the pool, using invisible railing/deck walls to define the deck around the existing pool. Either way should work.

DJP

Can somebody please explain a bit more on "polyline set to "Hole in floor". I need to build a deck around a Hot Tub. Thank you!

11 minutes ago, bhisgen said:

Can somebody please explain a bit more on "polyline set to "Hole in floor".

That's only available in Chief, not Home Designer.

If you need help to build a deck around a hot tub, then you should start a new post of your own, and show an example ( jpg ) of what you want to do.