MorganWood

Three Different Shed Roof Sections on H-shaped House

Hello!

Newbie here (and LOVING this program!).

I am working in HomeDesigner / Architect (2021) version. I have a home design that is basically an H shape. The two vertical sides are about 16 feet wide by 54 feet long. The center of the H is a 30' square. 

I want to create a shed roof (3 sections) but with a different pitch in the center (higher) than the two sides. I succeeded in creating three separate "blocks" and then joining them together, and splitting the exterior walls to open the house up... but I can't figure out how to give the center section a different pitch... Even as separate structures, the program assigned the same pitch to all three (I'm using 1.5), so obviously the long sides are higher... because they rise over a further distance...

Is there a way to create something that looks like the attached image? (Am guessing I might be over my skis with this one!!!)

Thanks a bunch!

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.48.00 PM.png

Edited by MorganWood
clarified software version

*** I see you mentioned Architectural ***

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

13 minutes ago, MorganWood said:

but I can't figure out how to give the center section a different pitch

Lots of info in the links posted above. A bit of searching/watching/reading will answer many common questions.

Thanks very much Eric. I will absolutely add the info to my signature and make that visible. On my way to start the hunt...

Ohmyword David!!! Can't believe you took the time to make a personal tutorial ... SO KIND!!  I am diving in and will report back. Thanks so much!