Pantry door disguised as a cabinet

MatthewJ

I saw some public online postings on Facebook &  some examples of pantry doors disguised to look like kitchen cabinets.  How could I replicate this using Home Designer Architectural (in particular, making the disguised front look like a standard cabinet door)?  I'm a bit of a beginner at the software, so it's very possible I'm missing something obvious.

1. Double swing-out doors
  2. Standard single door

image.thumb.png.7f6eb6c7179a3ac30c6f14acdcf95ff4.pngimage.thumb.png.06dd56c8ab5336fdde7fad58668f562f.png

image.thumb.png.345f3f313f8f1a3ac1f625f955ea2db3.png

13 minutes ago, solver said:

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

Done.

I'm not familiar with the Architectural version but fooling around with this in pro I was able to use a full height cabinet, place it in front of a doorway, remove the shelves, and replace the material of the cabinet to transparent glass and the inside cabinet color to transparent glass also remove the toe kick. This simulates the look that you are seeking. There are probably many ways to get this to look like you want it to.  Just mess around with the cabinet options and you'll get something that looks right.  Solver is right in that you cannot remove the back of the cabinet but making it transparent looks the same.  

• 1 month later...

I am struggling to create the same "cabinet/hidden pantry door". I tried the glass cabinet idea, but for me it didn't work as well because part of the exterior cabinet is visible on one side. I suppose I could add an additional panel there. But what I found works best is while in a camera view, go the the drop down menu "3D" and select "Delete Surface", then click on the cabinet wall you want to delete. And now it is not "visibly" there. It doesn't actually remove the cabinet wall, it just makes it not visible in that camera. Keep in mind, if you close the camera and then create a new camera you will have to delete the surface again. Also, if you use one camera to move about the plan you will find that you will need to "delete surface" both sides of the same cabinet wall so that you can see into the pantry as well as out of the pantry.