importing a dwg or pdf

JoAnnWodke

I created a house plan in my HomeDesigner Chief Architect 2021 and sent the basic plan to my builders Architect for adjustments and corrections.

He will be sending it back to me soon as both a dwg and a pdf. What is the process or is there a process to import his finished design back into my program? 

I want to be able to build on his finished plan. Or do I have to totally correct each line, each cabinet ect ect when its sent back to me?

The roof was kicking my butt so I was hoping his roof would also correct my issue.

If I can ask a second question?

I have a irregular lot on a curve and drawing it has been impossible, for me. Is there a easier way to  bring the lot in besides drawing by measurements?

Also elevations?

Thank you.  JoAnn

I've only had this program for a couple weeks. I'm hoping to perfect using it!!!!

1 hour ago, JoAnnWodke said:

What is the process or is there a process to import his finished design back into my program? 

See the options under File>Import

You will probably need to follow his roof design, but I don't believe it will transfer into the program, so you will need to use the tools in the software to create the roof.

I have a irregular lot on a curve and drawing it has been impossible, for me. Is there a easier way to  bring the lot in besides drawing by measurements?

There are articles on plot plans that might help. See the links I posted above.

Also elevations?

What about elevations?

15 hours ago, solver said:

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

It's confusing when someone mentions Chief Architect so please leave that off.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

I will review the links provided. I had read " the options under File>Import" and I didn't really find it very helpful. Thank you for your help

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 7:37 PM, solver said:

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

It's confusing when someone mentions Chief Architect so please leave that off.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

I will review the links provided. I had read " the options under File>Import" and I didn't really find it very helpful. Thank you for your help