Andy_C

Multiple Gable slopes - no wall framing?

Hi guys, brand new here. I've got Home Designer pro 2021, as I'm doing some self-builds (albeit small). My design is fairly basic in principle but I'm really struggling to get Home Designer pro to handle my two gable roof slopes, It doesn't seem to want to put a wall in-between them. I've tried dormers, but they don't go to the edge of the building (which I need), and I've tried manual / auto roof etc; I think I'm missing something simple?

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 14.30.54.png

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 14.31.05.png

I see you mentioned Pro 2021.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Home Designer - Getting Started - Setting Preferences and Defaults

Draw in your own wall.

Read about Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom and Lower Wall Type When Split By Butting Roof.

You may want to attach the plan file to a post. Someone will load it up and fix it or offer suggestions.

Guys thanks for the quick responses. Have changed my signature, and think I can make it work with those suggestions :) I'll be back if not!