homedesignKonan

How do I remove moldings from a single wall in HDP 2020?

I" working on a custom shower and and pan. I'm also including a bench. I can seem to remove moldings from this single wall w/o removing it from the whole room. Any help would be great

Make the shower its own room w/a room divider. Then open the room it's in and delete the mouldings. Also VERY helpful to everyone to create/update a signature so people always know which program and version you are using. You will also find the reference manual a great resource so you don't have to wait for a reply from others.

i see you said pro 2020 ...

Answers often depend on which title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2018, 2019 etc) you are using.

You can help everyone by adding that info to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

And, turn on signature display too.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Thanks for the responses. The issue isn't the inside of the shower but the outside of the curb in the room. I have a 3 1/2" curb and 7 1/2" base. the curb wont have base but tile and I cant figure out how to remove it from this one wall. Is it doable?

Also, I will add and update my signature to include the version i'm working with.

1 hour ago, homedesignKonan said:

Is it doable?

Did you see my response above?

Yes Eric, but when i use this method it removes all molding from the entire room. my problem is isolating one individual wall. It doesn't seem to do this when I click on a wall.

Thanks Eric. For some reason when I double clicked on the wall it opened "Room Specifications" instead of "Wall Specifications". I clicked on the wall in 2D and it gave me what I needed. Thanks again.

Selecting Walls
Like other objects, walls can be selected in a variety of ways. See Selecting Objects.
• In plan view, if wall hatching has been applied to a wall using the Hatch Wall  tool, the hatching may be selected first. Click Select Next Object  to select the wall itself. See Hatch Wall.
• When Select Room Before Wall in 3D is checked in the Preferences dialog and you click on a wall in a cross section/elevation or camera view, the room defined by that side of the wall will become selected instead of the wall. See Appearance Panel and Selecting Rooms.