PEGDesign

Front Porch under Gable Roof

I've just downloaded Home Designer Pro and hope someone can identify what tools and steps I should use to create a porch that is under a gable roof. I've attached an image of what I'm trying to build. Any thoughts or ideas will be helpful.

1040524766_ScreenShot2019-12-02at11_13_28PM.thumb.png.5568875583b73d035318aafab7147236.png

I see you said Pro and I assume version 2020 -- You can help everyone by adding that info (Pro 2020) to your signature (see below for how to turn them on) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Doing so makes it always available, and keeps others from having to hunt for it.

SIG.thumb.jpg.af17109346e9446432098056e258623d.jpg

----

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

There are good videos I've linked above to help you get started, and documentation under Help.

It's best to include images (screen captures) and often your plan file (close Pro prior to attaching) showing your best effort and describing a specific problem.

To be honest, your question reads a bit like "I'm to lazy to figure this out myself so will someone spoon feed me".

1. Draw the walls using the appropriate wall types that matches you home

2.Verify the exterior dimensions around the footprint of your home. (Innaccurate dimensions equals a worthless outcome)

3. Measure the ceiling height of the majority of your home's rooms and enter that value into "Edit - Default Settings - Floors and Rooms - First Floor - Finished Ceiling Height" (this value locates the "Baseline Height" of your roof planes once built)

4. Calculate the pitch (angle) of your roof planes and then add that value into your "Build Roof Dialog right BEFORE actually ordering your roof system built.

5. You "Tell" or input into your software walls each wall that is to be designated a "Gable Wall" (If you do not understand what that term means "Google It" or study what roof terms mean in the "Build Roof Dialog - Roof Types tab" .

6. Once you have done these things correctly, then and only then, order your roof system be created folloing your correct orders.

You get what you input into the software to guide it to a result, if you are not getting the desired result it is YOU who have erred. The software is a mechanical device that requires you competence gained by your study, your practice, failures and successes. It does basically nothing on its own.

DJP